Weather in London, Ontario is known for its extremes: hot summers and cold, snowy winters, and that means you almost never get a reprieve from high hydro bills. If you find yourself looking forward to temperate Septembers because you worry about your electricity costs, it may be time to look to your home itself for ways you can save. The good news is, you don’t have to sacrifice precious light in the winter or ignore the beautiful day outside with heavy curtains – you can keep the light shining in after you’ve invested in an energy efficient solution.
Now is the perfect time to replace the windows in your home with new, energy efficient models, with winter, cold temperatures, and high heating bills right around the corner. If the present windows in your home feel cold all winter long, it’s likely because flaws in the sealing have allowed them to become drafty, letting cold air breeze through your home. However, they don’t just let cold air through, they also drain the warm energy pumping out of your furnace into the snowy night outside. It doesn’t have to be that way, though; new Energy Star windows can assist you in reducing heat transfer in all seasons, helping regulate the temperature in your home whatever the weather. Luckily, you may have just enough to time to renovate before the snow comes rolling through; with a more energy efficient home, you’ll be comfortable and worry-free all season long.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows
Energy efficient windows save money year-round, providing minimized heating and cooling costs as well as improved warmth and coolness throughout the home. However, it’s important that you turn to a reliable source for replacement windows in London Ontario such as a local manufacturer that has been certified by the ISO for quality consistency.
Additional benefits to replacing the windows in your home with energy efficiency units include:
- Added elegance to your home, as well as added value, especially if you can find custom clad and grille designs
- Making your home environmentally responsible and reducing your family’s carbon footprint
- Many maintenance-free windows are now available from manufacturers like London-based Golden Windows, virtually eliminating any work necessary for upkeep.
Choosing Energy Efficient Windows
An array of options on style, look, and performance are available, making it possible for homeowners of all budgets and tastes to find the perfect upgrade to their home. Before purchasing, it is important that you take the time to research the various styles and designs of windows and keep some of the following tips in mind:
- Learn the energy performance rating for various types of products before deciding which is suitable for your home
- Choose the right type and consider the options available such as double hung, casement, awning, single sliding, double sliding, and architectural windows
- Decide on the right energy efficiency options, including Low-E glazing and argon gas that provides a buffer between the climate inside your home and the outdoors.
- The materials you use determine the look and the durability of the product, as well as its effectiveness at keeping weather elements outside and the warm air inside. Research the pros and cons of wood, aluminum, and vinyl, and make sure you keep the prevailing look of your home in mind when you decide.
Upgrade Your Home Today
In order to get the most out of your investment, it’s important that you get the installation right for maximum performance and duration, which is why you want to go to a local company in London like Golden Windows that will provide a free on-site measurement and send a certified installation team. Get ready for the London winter and renovate right the first time to enjoy the benefits of improved savings for years to come.